|Days||Topic||Homework due to the day|
|Day 1||MON, Jan-06-20||Plastic Fantastic!?||Get the course books from NYUAD bookstore.|
|Day 2||TUE, Jan-07-20||A Plastic Era|
|Day 3||WED, Jan-08-20||Oil & Plastic Production||Have read:
1. Sustainable Materials (Introduction: p. 8–17, Plastics: p. 20–23, Molding Recycled Plastic: p. 120–125, Plastics Recycling: p. 208–211)
2. Plastic: A Toxic Love Story (chapter 3, Cast of Characters (p. 236–239))
|Day 4||THU, Jan-09-20||Plastic Polution||Have read:
1. Sustainable Materials (Bio-based Plastics: p. 24–29),
1. A Plastic Ocean
|Day 5||SUN, Jan-12-20||Plastic Fashion||Have finished the Mini Project The Battle of the Bag.
1. Fashion and the circular Economy,
2. The Upcycle (Forword, Introduction: p. 3–22, Closing Some Loops: p. 43-44)
|Day 6||MON, Jan-13-20|
|Day 7||TUE, Jan-14-20||Have read:
1. Sustainable Materials (Plant Fibres: p. 94–97)
|Day 8||WED, Jan-15-20|
|Day 9||THU, Jan-16-20|
|Day 10||FRI, Jan-17-20|
|Day 11||SAT, Jan-18-20|
|Day 12||MON, Jan-20-20||The Design of Everyday Things||Have finished and uploaded the Field-Trip Report.
1. Sustainable Materials (Injection Molding Bioplastic: p. 104–109, Plastic Extrusion: p. 114–119)
|Day 13||TUE, Jan-21-20||Plastic Furniture||Have read:
1. Plastic: A Toxic Love Story (chapter 1,2, Epilog – A Bridge (p.233–235)),
2. The principles of Cradle to Cradle, see also (this figure)
1. Conversation with Susan Freinkel Youtube
|Day 14||WED, Jan-22-20||Global Perspective – |
Politics & Policies
|Have finished and uploaded the Artistic Statement (find example here).
1. The Upcycle (McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry: How We Help Organizations Optimize: p. 76–79, Upcycling Products of Service: p. 163–165, About the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute: p. 198–199, What's Next: p.211–217),
2. Hannover Principles
|Day 15||THU, Jan-23-20||An Outlook||Set up of exhibition:
1. Have integrated the artistic statement into the poster design, and have pictures added to document the process,
2. Have printed the final exhibition poster (see PDF),
3. Have placed the poster in exact 48x48xm size on a black pedestal using blue tag,
4. placing the designed plastic product prototype on the predefined area of the poster.
Exhibition Opening at 3pm !